Veterinarian – Time Away…No Negative Accrual - #9677051
Banfield, The Pet Hospital
This position is for the following Locations:
- Boise, ID
- Meridian, ID
- Bozeman, MT
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
The anticipated starting base salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $102,000 to $170,000 per year, plus production. Base salary to be determined by the schedule, location, experience, skills, and abilities of the applicant. Increased sign-on offerings and relocation support available.
Who we are
We’re Banfield. You’ve probably seen us around. We started in 1955 as a small practice with big ideas about preventive petcare. Now we’re the leading general veterinary care practice in America and we’d love to have you join our team.
We love pets. You know what else we love? Vets. We want to make sure our veterinarians feel supported so they can live their best lives AND practice medicine their own way. We do that by surrounding them with talented, passionate teammates and giving them amazing resources that help them stay fulfilled in and outside of work.
Banfield’s here for you so you can be there for pets!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for veterinarians to add their passion, skills, and education to our team. We believe in hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, and we support veterinarians who use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, teams, and communities.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional career.
- Provide furry, feathered, and scaled pets with the best possible care, especially preventive care
- Build close relationships with pets and the humans who love them
- Work closely with teammates and cultivate a positive, dynamic work culture
- Impact the future of veterinary medicine with your own expertise and ways of practicing medicine
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
What we offer
Now the good stuff! We believe in taking care of our employees so they can take care of themselves, their family, and the pets they treat. We value work-life balance too! Here are just a few of the benefits veterinarians are eligible for:
The good stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and loved ones
- Fertility and family-building assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid!*
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match
- Health Savings Account
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Veterinary Student Debt Relief Programs- includes monthly contributions for full-time veterinarians, student loan advice, and lump sum contributions for student job program participation
- Mental health support and resources
- Paid volunteering
- Optimum Wellness Plans for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, RoyalCanin, fitness, cellular and so much more
Even more good stuff:
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to practice autonomous medicine
- Locations all over the US to choose from
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars and other divisions of Mars brands
- Dedicated coaching support so you can grow your career (or become a coach yourself!)
- Continuing education opportunities paid for by us
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- School loan assistance through our Student Debt Relief Program
- Equity, inclusion, and diversity resources
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
Full Veterinarian Job Description
*terms and conditions apply