Customer Service Rep II - #9754667
Genuine Parts Company
Under general supervision, the Customer Service Representative II ensures customer expectations are accurately determined and are fully met. The Customer Service Representative II may provide guidance to less experienced Customer Service Representatives or may support specific customer(s).
• Places customer orders via telephone, fax, email, electronic methods, or walk in (counter sales).
• Influences Motion Industries' gross profit through negotiating the sale price and purchase price, within certain parameters.
• May adjust non-contract customer pricing to meet the demands of the customer based on competition, while maximizing the profit for Motion Industries.
• Builds customer relationships to drive repeat business by relating to the customer and drive process improvements.
• Orders items to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained for customers.
• May place orders without approval for orders up to $5,000 per line and $10,000 per purchase order.
• Expedites backorders. May pull inventory and prepare order for shipment to customer.
• Responsible for sourcing products in branch inventory, distribution center inventory or supplier inventory.
• Determines the most cost effective shipping method for customer orders.
• May handle customer returns.
• May support specific customer(s).
• Assists less experienced Customer Service Representatives with addressing customer needs, including locating items and resolving problems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Responds to customer inquires regarding products, provides quotes, and handles order entry. Due to experience & training, may handle more challenging inquires.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and listening.
• Ability to multi-task and time management skills required.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Basic product knowledge.
• Reliability, organization, and attention to detail required.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.com or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.