Practice Manager - #9804768
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Thank you for considering a career at Roper St. Francis Healthcare!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions associated with the physician practice of a minimum of 5 providers or more than one location. Key functions include: financial management which encourages practice profitability and growth; human resource management – hiring the most qualified staff in which to provide patients with excellent customer service and high quality health care/ and operations which monitors the day to day functions of the practice to ensure an efficient, professional and productive environment to work and receive healthcare
Essential Job Functions
- Efficient use of time in handling all administrative functions related to operating the physician practice office environment(s); accomplish assignments while meeting work quality, quantity and timeliness expectations. Oversees effectively uses equipment, supply and resources.
- Responds actively, and effectively with sensitivity to the needs of internal and external customers, communicates effectively, and portrays a positive, professional image
- Assists other members of the office team as needed. Familiar with the responsibilities of clerical staff and can assist when the work demands.
- Adheres to hospital, network and practice safety policies and procedures and demonstrates flexibility in job duties as needed; self-starter
- Consistently looks for ways to improve overall operations. Supports and promotes Practice in efforts in meeting established projects and goals
- Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Education and Work Experience
A High school diploma or equivalent (required) with at least two years’ experience in operations management, preferably in a healthcare setting, medical office environment or relevant business environment, responsible for the day-to-day operations.
Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 1 years’ experience in operations management, preferably in a healthcare setting or medical office environment, or 1 year MHA residency
Electronic Medical Record experience (preferred).
Previous experience working in or managing outpatient physician practice highly (preferred).
The following must be included in all position descriptions that involve direct or indirect patient care. This is a Joint Commission requirement. Also, select the age of the patient population served:
X Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Neonates (0-4 weeks)
Infant (1-12 months)
Pediatrics (1-12 years)
Adolescents (13-17 years)
Adults (18-64 years)
Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Not applicable to this position
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Frequent sitting. Frequently requires long periods of working at a computer. Intermittent walking, standing, stooping, bending. May require lifting or moving items up to 50 lbs. Frequent use of finger/hand dexterity. Constant talking or hearing. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range. Minimal risk of exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. Possible exposure to infectious materials, communicable diseases, hazardous waste and/or other conditions common to a medical office environment. Normal medical office environment. Requires work under stressful conditions, deadlines, and/or irregular hours. Must be flexible with hours to meet the demands of the department. Requires the ability to work under stressful conditions. Ability to read and comprehend. Travel may be required.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and operations of physician practice relative to the clerical, business, and clinical functions including, but not limited to: Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Customer Service, Operations, Professional Development
- Strong patient-centered focus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to organize and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to problem solve and show good judgment.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
- Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Shift:Days (United States of America)
Department:SS Human Resources - Talent Acquisition