Group Benefits Client Associate - Tampa, FL - #9804775
Mutual of Omaha
Work Type: Full Time Regular
Job No: 502902
Application Closes: Open Until Filled
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Hourly Wage: $22.00 - $28.85, plus annual bonus opportunity
- , 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 11 paid holidays in 2024, which includes 2 floating holidays that are added to your prorated personal time to be used at your discretion.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 40 hours of personal time in 2024, which is prorated based on the start date. Additionally you will receive two floating holidays in 2024 by way of personal time that may be used at your discretion.
- Applicants for this position must not now, nor at any point in the future, require sponsorship for employment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will provide support to Sales staff members by proactively manage quote activity and broker processes, and develop relationships with broker partners to help achieve sales goals.
- Receive RFPs from our brokers, consultants and agents. Prepare proposals, follow-up with requests to ensure a timely response, and review written proposals prior to presentation.
- Underwrite and quote premium rates for life and long term disability cases. Throughout sales process, coordinate with underwriting to determine appropriate rate, and make revisions as necessary. Complete other case processing including Broker of Record entry, revisions, commission changes, etc.
- Following the close of a sale, coordinate installation process by partnering with appropriate parties, using appropriate systems and ensure accuracy of paperwork (including master application). Manage supplies and materials required for Enrollment, to include voluntary cases. Review booklets and materials received from Home Office for accuracy and assemble for delivery to policyholder (on occasion may need to hand deliver).
- Ensure compliance of State Insurance Department regulations. Remain abreast of industry trends and product knowledge.
- May perform office support functions such as greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate person, handling invoices, processing conversion requests, office expense reporting, office time reporting, scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel plans, and maintaining office files, supplies and equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written, ability to foster positive interactions
- Proficient in Excel and Word with the ability to navigate various software systems, along with excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
If you have questions about your application or the , email our Talent Acquisition area at . Please allow at least one week from time of applying if you are checking on the status.