Risk Management - Pre-Charge-Off Collections and Strategic Analytics - Associate - #9804781
JPMorgan Chase & Co
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 80 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Risk management in Card is a critical functional to control the risk and contribute to revenue generation.
As part of the Card Collections Strategy team, the Associate is responsible for end to end pre charge off collections strategy performance monitoring and strategy optimization . This role requires strong thought leadership, analytical skills, collaboration, and attention to detail in order to effectively drive loss mitigation in collections
- Candidate will have oversight of eligibility rules, strategy segmentations, and optimization.
- Candidate will partner with multiple business functions to ensure strategy is implemented accurately.
- Develop and apply mathematical or statistical techniques to collect, organize and interpret data from multiple sources; develop best in class risk strategies
- Candidate should be able to use advanced analytical techniques to build strategy segmentation including Clustering and Decision Trees. You will have ability to influence strategies
- Develop and maintain reporting on strategy performance in a Test vs. Control environment. Follow a disciplined approach to ensure recommendations taken to Senior Management result in correct decisions
- Develop and communicate creative solutions to business unit management in effective manner
- Conduct financial analysis to estimate benefits and costs and develop detailed business plans for proposed projects.
- Monitor emerging trends in collections treatment and technology across the industry
- Assure regulatory and policy compliance through a system of effective controls, identifying, testing, and validating control effectiveness and delivering accurate audit work papers when required
- Work with operations partners and leaders to ensure any new developments will be deliverable and executable in an Operations environment.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Finance/Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/Operations Research) or equivalent work/training is required. Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of risk management or financial services experience, preferably in strategy development
- Strong P&L knowledge and understanding of profit drivers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop common-sense solutions to complex business challenges
- Ability to logically structure analyses using strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex analysis into concise presentations with sound business conclusions
- Strong knowledge of SAS and SQL.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.