Student Behavior Paraprofessional 2 (part-time) - #9804789
People Sustaining Kings Valley
Kings Valley Charter School provides a rural, community-based education tailored to the individual needs and interests of each child, emphasizing the involvement of parents and the community.
The goal of the Kings Valley Charter School is to achieve academic excellence for all students through an individualized program. The environment at Kings Valley Charter School is designed to promote self-motivation, responsibility, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports individual students in developing strategies and skills, including conflict resolution, responsibility, and problem solving.
- Acts as a resource for staff with discipline issues and/or assisting teachers in effective classroom management practices.
- Works directly with students to help them learn how to manage themselves, friendships, family change, emotional regulation skills, improve study and test-taking skills, organize information, make decisions, and deal with change.
- Responds to calls for assistance when behavior problems develop and works with students to promote positive behavior.
- Instructs students in small groups and one-on-one settings, teaching behavioral strategy during instructional activity as necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Facilitates structured skills groups for students.
- Implement behavior support plans, prescribed behavioral strategies and positive behavior support; model conversation, listening, and everyday prosocial interactions.
- Provide frequent monitoring of students on assigned caseload, with accompanying positive reinforcement and feedback.
- Assist in delivering social emotional instruction to students.
- De-escalate students and provide targeted self-regulation supports for recovery to baseline.
- Supervise student breaks, implement sensory supports and movement activities.
- Assist behavior team with collecting data for functional behavior assessments by recording student behavioral progress and daily behavior data.
- Intervene in potential conflicts utilizing appropriate behavioral approaches for the purpose of diffusing confrontations and minimizing disruptions.
- Intervene in crisis situations and assist in developing and implementing appropriate positive behavior support strategies.
- Interact with staff to assist in the planning, implementation and review of the student's positive behavior support plan and safety plan.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in youth development and/or behavior management or similar (preferred)
- Three (3) years of experience supporting behavior management in a school setting
- The successful candidate needs to have, or be willing to acquire training in PBIS, SEL, CPI and Trauma-Informed practices.
Please attach resume, references, and letter of interest
Position open until filled
Start date: immediately
Salary: Starting at $18.82 DOE
PSKV provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PSKV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PSKV prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PSKV’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.