Project manager - #9804802
If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, to be challenged, to work hard and to be part of a growing team, then Progressive AE may be the place for you. We work hard to surround ourselves with professionals who are more than just good at their job. We want engineers, architects, designers and support staff who have a desire to help shape our company. We need colleagues who will help us grow by thinking outside their job description. The work we do here is challenging, and sometimes the hours are long. But we’re committed to serving our clients and providing the best solutions possible.
Progressive AE is a full-service, forward-thinking design firm. With offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina, we work on projects around the country that offer a variety and challenge you won’t find at many other firms. And we don’t relegate creativity just to “creatives”—we encourage original thinking in every part of the organization–from support staff to engineering.
Since we’re an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to see the benefits of your hard work. And in return, we’ll invest in you. This includes an in-depth wellness program with fitness classes and health coaching, flexible schedules, continuing education, mentorship, volunteer opportunities and internal leadership positions. In fact, we’ve been named one of the Best & Brightest Places to Work for since 2006, named Business Leader of the Year, received the Community and Educational Partnership Awards, and are the proud winners of the Governor's Fitness Award.
We are always looking for talented individuals to advance the strategic goals of our firm. If you are a big picture thinker with unique technical skills, we’d like to consider your application.
As the Project Manager II, you are responsible for overall team management, effective client management, and for completing the work within established quality, budget, and schedule constraints. You are accountable for the successful completion of the project and consistently delivering success through organized teamwork. You will professionally support the management of multiple complex interdisciplinary projects, while collaborating and providing strong customer focus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute with project goal setting and follows through with the team.
- Lead the team to achieve project schedules and budgets.
- Utilize Progressive’s Design Revolution Process standards for process delivery in line with Performance Based Design.
- Prepare and execute project plans.
- Seal documents, when appropriate.
- Mentor team members within area of expertise and may collaborate in performance planning with Technical and Team Leaders, when requested.
- Orchestrate QA/QC milestones and events, lead team member coordination and ensure project compliance through checklists and project charter.
- Plan, monitor, and control technical costs and scheduled performance.
- Lead the team to achieve project profit goals.
- Serve the client’s best interest and maintain positive relationships. Understand what it takes to make projects successful.
- Interview and create agreements with required consultants.
- Lead creation of proposals and participate in interviews.
- Take the lead early in proposals and contract negotiations to establish scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Your Degree: Bachelor’s degree in an area of expertise (architecture, interiors, landscape architecture or engineering preferred.) Master’s Degree in area of expertise or business administration or project management preferred.
- Your Licensure: Professional registration in your field required. CSI-CDT certification strongly preferred (and training provided by Progressive AE for certification within a year). Certification through PSMJ/PMI preferred.
- Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of eight years of project management experience with AE projects.
- Strong understanding of project design and solid working knowledge of at least one project delivery method. Working knowledge of multiple project delivery methods preferred.
- Strong track record of effective team leadership, communication, and project execution.
- You are an excellent planner, organizer, and project manager, demonstrated based on your competencies
- Your Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience in Project, SharePoint, and Teams preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Vision and Project Planning preferred.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email **@progressiveae.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.