Finance - Project Accountant - Entry Level - #9804809
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
DNV's Supply Chain and Product Assurance (SCPA) group is seeking to fill the role of Entry Level Finance - Project Accountant. This position will ideally be located in our Katy, TX. (Houston, TX. area), with flexible hybrid/remote work arrangements.
What You'll Do
- Report to the Business Controller
- Work with Project Managers to minimize commercial risks on projects while maximizing revenue and cash flow
- Be responsible for project financials - including contract review, quality assurance of project accounting, expenditure coding, revenue recognition, and WIP
- Work closely with Collections in relation to project level Accounts Receivable
- Contributes to a culture of being accountable and taking responsibility
- Ensure revenue is recognized in line with DMS principles, conduct monthly meeting with project managers to support their management efforts, follow up on operational issues such as missing time and/or expense reports, Basware invoice processing
- Assist the invoicing team with current project invoicing
- Assist Business Controller during period close phase - reviewing revenue and related costs
- Other duties as determined by management
What we offer
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability).
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from.
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace.
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities.
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
How We Do It:
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([email protected]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal - Best Places to Work competition.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
What is Required
- Bachelor degree in Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Finance or equivalent
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong financial competence
- Excellent communication skills and internal personal skills
- Excellent process understanding and analytical skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
What is Preferred
- Oracle Finance experience
- Power-BI experience
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example, visa sponsorship, are NOT available for this position**