Warehouse Supervisor - #9804819
The Warehouse Supervisor directs and oversees Distribution Operations personnel. This role is responsible for coordinating operational activities to include shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments. Supervisory responsibilities include performance monitoring, evaluation, coaching, direction of work assignments, and cross-training of personnel. Additional support activities include data analysis,
reporting, forecasting, inventory investigation, slotting, data pulls (SAP queries), and project work. This position leads and/or facilitates all efforts to strive towards operational excellence with a focus on improving performance in the key areas of safety, efficiency, and quality.
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.What does the role involve?
- Assist manager in recruiting and hiring process through contract agencies and onsite interviews.
- Assist manager in overseeing operational activities including shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments, including training, coaching, and development assigned team members.
- Audit operations to ensure internal controls and service level standards are being met. Execute and maintain specified reports involving forecasting, inventory management, slotting, and project work.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development and match the skills and background of personnel to the work required.
- Maintain an appropriate performance management process for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
- Drive performance by ensuring team is executing key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to ensure quality. and timely feedback to warehouse personnel and processes.
- Drive continuous improvement through Lean processes.
- Define and implement operational goals within regional targets.
- Responsible for site warehouse safety and site security.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Our logistics operation is special because we own our whole supply chain, something that’s almost unique for a company of our sizeWhat do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.What you need is:
- High School diploma/GED required; bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Five (5) years of operational experience required; three (3) years of supervisory experience, required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team-oriented workforce.
- Proven experience managing personnel and expenses to meet operational objectives.
- Ability to recommend, introduce, and/or implement new technologies to improve the efficiencies and economics of the pick/pack function.
- Knowledge and ability to use SAP.
- Excellent computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Creativity and energy; ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Unsurpassed focus to satisfy every customer order daily.
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.