Pipeline Supervisor - #9804828
As the Pipeline and Terminal Supervisor, you will lead the daily operations and maintenance of our pipeline and terminal systems, guaranteeing their safety, integrity, and optimal performance. You will lead a dedicated team of technicians and engineers and play a pivotal role in the effective transport of our products, adhering to all regulatory, environmental, and company standards.
- Operations Oversight: Direct and oversee both pipeline and terminal operations to ensure they function safely and efficiently, aligning with operational objectives and quality benchmarks.
- Maintenance & Inspection: Strategize, supervise, and confirm timely maintenance, repairs, and inspections according to industry and regulatory standards.
- Safety & Compliance: Advocate and enforce strict compliance with safety protocols, environmental regulations (including EPA standards for terminals), and company policies. Maintain preparedness for any audits or regulatory inspections.
- Team Leadership & Development: Cultivate and guide a talented team of technicians and engineers, promoting a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and operational brilliance.
- Emergency Response: Spearhead and manage emergency responses for pipeline or terminal incidents, ensuring swift action, minimal operational disruption, and comprehensive communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Construct and oversee budgets related to pipeline and terminal operations, striving for cost efficiency.
- Stakeholder Communication: Act as the principal liaison for external agencies, regulatory bodies, and internal departments regarding pipeline and terminal operations.
- Continuous Improvement: Champion and integrate continuous improvement strategies to bolster pipeline and terminal safety, reliability, and operational efficiency.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of PHMSA experience and a deep understanding of EPA regulations for terminals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of permit regulations related to throughput volumes.
- Proven history of leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in pipeline and terminal management systems and software.
- Strong ability to tackle challenges, make critical decisions under pressure, and manage emergency scenarios.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Flexibility to work in both office environments and on-site field settings.
- Capacity to endure varying weather conditions during field assignments.
- Occasionally may need to lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Travel and Availability:
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be on-call 24x7 for the designated area.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific - a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, Location, Location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You will work in Billings, Montana, the heart of Yellowstone Country. We have outdoor recreation in all directions and are less than an hour from the mountains. And, as Montana’s largest city, Billings offers options to balance life, work and play — with trails for walking and biking, historic sites, plenty of dining options, a myriad of cultural choices, and the largest healthcare sector between Minneapolis and Spokane.
Opportunistic Growth Strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. We are a growing energy company focused on renewable and conventional fuels in the Western United States. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Montana, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 218 Mbpd. Par Pacific owns and operates one of the largest energy networks in Hawaii with 94,000 bpd of operating refining capacity, a logistics system supplying the major islands of the state and 90 retail locations. In the Pacific Northwest and the Rockies, Par Pacific owns and operates 124,000 bpd of combined refining capacity, related multimodal logistics systems, and 33 retail locations. Par Pacific also owns 46% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a natural gas production company with operations and assets concentrated in Western Colorado. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.