Paralegal/Legal Assistant - #9804847
Contact Government Services
Paralegal/Legal Assistant I
Employment Type: Full-Time, Entry Level
As a CGS paralegal, you will work under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal or Project Supervisor. You will provide litigation and administrative support to a group of United States Attorneys.
CGS brings motivated, highly skilled, and creative people together to solve the government’s most dynamic problems with cutting-edge technology. To carry out our mission, we are seeking candidates who are excited to contribute to government innovation, appreciate collaboration, and can anticipate the needs of others. Here at CGS, we offer an environment in which our employees feel supported, and we encourage professional growth through various learning opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas.
- Providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparations.
- Assembling trial exhibits, affidavits, discovery in various formats, and other legal documents.
- Assembling and organizing files and records materials for disposition or transfer to records depository.
- Maintaining calendar of assigned active cases.
- Tracking filing, hearing, and trial dates, and scheduling conferences and interviews.
- Arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations.
- Producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
- At least one year of specialized litigation experience required, however over three years is preferred.
- Specialized experience is defined as experience reviewing legal documents such as complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels for completeness of information; retrieving and assembling information for hearing and/or trial use, researching a variety of legal sources to obtain and/or verify information; maintaining file systems; and using automated software to produce legal related reports, documents, correspondence and related materials.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
Contact Government Services (CGS) strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting edge technology with world-class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit our clients’ specific needs. We are committed to solving the most challenging and dynamic problems.
For the past seven years we’ve been growing our government-contracting portfolio, and along the way we’ve created valuable partnerships by demonstrating a commitment to honesty, professionalism, and quality work.
Here at CGS we value honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers mending those relations for years to come.
We care about our employees. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
- Paid Time Off and Observance of State/Federal Holidays
Join our team and become part of meaningful government innovation!
Explore additional job opportunities with CGS on our Job Board:
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com or contact: