Customer Service Representative I - #9804858
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Customer Service Representative is a valuable member of our client services team and plays an essential role in our laboratory operations process. They are responsible for the collection and collation of lab data and the creation of reports for customers. The Customer Service Representative will respond to customer questions, check the status of their orders, and provide simple pricing.
- Collect and collate laboratory generated data and assimilate all information into a final report.
- Create final laboratory reports and send to customers.
- Maintain and update information in the customer management system (Lucy).
- Resolves customer requests and escalates issues as needed.
- Responsible for sample receipt and login using LIMS.
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails.
- Communicate with operations group, engineering, accounting, sales, and management to ensure correct transfer of data/information.
- Read and accurately interpret technical customer request forms.
- Communicates with department supervisors and management regarding issues with sample workflow.
- Requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Processes media requests.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of laboratory services and applicable procedures, so as to thoroughly communicate to customers with confidence.
- Assists in planning/ developing improved operational procedures.
- Greet walk-in guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Customer service experience
- Environmental industry and/ or industrial hygiene experience is a plus.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Proficient computer skills
- Microsoft Office
Physical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
- Stand - Frequently
- Move or traverse - Frequently
- Sit – Occasionally or as required
- Use hands - Frequently
- Reach with hands and arms – Occasionally
- Climb or balance - None
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - None
- Talk/hear - Frequently
- Taste/Smell - Occasionally
- Lift/carry/push or pull – Yes, 50 Lbs
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.