Press brake operator - #9804891
At Diversified Products…
- We are driven by fabricating production ready products, perfecting innovative prototypes, and creating one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
- We believe in taking pride in our craft, honing our specialized skills, and demonstrating mastery over machines that produce high quality products and exceed expectations.
- We are committed to developing positive customer relationships that benefit all parties.
- For over 27 years in Central Oregon, we have worked in the metal fabrication industry as we cut, form, and weld products for our diverse clients.
- We are small but growing, under new ownership, and developing a strong culture with an experienced and knowledgeable staff looking to groom new talent.
Our work environment includes but is not limited to:
- Growth opportunities
We believe in a work/life balance and are able to offer the schedule benefit of Mon-Thurs (4x 10hr days - 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM).
Benefits include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Press Brake Operator to join our small but dynamic metal fabrication team. The Press Brake Operator will play a crucial role in our production process, responsible for operating press brake machines to bend, shape, and form metal sheets according to precise specifications. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, the ability to interpret detailed drawings, experience with forklift operation, and a commitment to safety and quality standards.
- Set up and prepare press brake machines for operation based on detailed drawings, job orders, and specifications.
- Select and install appropriate tooling and dies to achieve desired bending angles and dimensions.
- Load metal sheets onto the machine and position them accurately for bending operations.
- Recognize any malfunctions of the machine, report to owner or manager.
- Use measuring tapes and other precision instruments to verify dimensions and ensure accuracy throughout the bending process.
- Operate press brake machines in a safe and efficient manner, monitoring operations to detect any deviations from quality standards.
- Adjust machine settings as needed to maintain proper bending angles and dimensions, making precise calculations as required.
- Inspect finished parts to ensure they meet quality requirements and make adjustments as necessary.
- Operate forklift safely to transport materials and finished products within the shop as needed.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and protocols to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Collaborate with other team members to meet production goals and deadlines.
- Perform routine maintenance on press brake machines to ensure optimal performance and minimize downtime.
- Document production activities, including quantities produced, materials used, and any issues encountered during the process.
- Exhibit team player behavior when working with others, assist in the training of new team members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a press brake operator or in a similar role within a metal fabrication environment (preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret detailed drawings, blueprints, and job specifications.
- Forklift certification OR experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Knowledgeable about different types of tooling and dies used in press brake operations (preferred).
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to perform precise measurements using measuring tapes and other tools.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift 75+ lbs regularly.
- Comfortable working in a physically demanding environment with exposure to noise, dust, and varying temperatures.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience with CNC press brake machines.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experience working with a variety of metals, including steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Basic welding skills are a plus
- Ability to assemble parts using various tools and equipment
- Proficiency in using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift heavy objects and stand for long periods of time
These highly visible roles report directly to the owner who brings over 27 years of manufacturing engineering experience to his team. Diversified Products is willing to train and groom the right candidate for a career with the company.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk or hear; and lift and/or move 75+ lbs.
- Occasionally walk; stoop or kneel; and reach with arms;
- Utilize specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a written resume and letter of interest to: *******@dpbend.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
Ability to Relocate:
- Bend, OR 97701: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person