Director of Nursing (Traveling) Des Moines Iowa Area - #9804928
Arboreta Healthcare Inc.
Director of Nursing (Traveling)
Des Moines Iowa Area
Working at Arboreta Healthcare is more than a job. Our team members are the heart and soul of our facilities, providing our patients and residents with compassionate care, attention, and a sense of belonging to a community of 34 facilities and over 3,100 employees. We are looking for a Director of Nursing to join our team at Arboreta Health Care Center!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Arboreta Director of Nursing, essential duties and responsibilities include:
- During periods when not serving as the DON, this role will provide education and support to facilities who may need additional training or support.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department through the Facility Leadership Council (QA&A/ QAPI Committee).
- Maintain a reference library of written nursing material (i.e., PDR'S, Federal and State Regulations, etc.) that will assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update the Nursing Service Procedures Manual and nursing service objectives and philosophies.
- Develop and implement a nursing service organization structure.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Qualifications including minimum skills, experience and education required include:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ARBORETA
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Health and wellness plans
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Paid time off accrues when you start work
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service
- Inspiring team and company culture
ABOUT ARBORETA HEALTHCARE:
At Arboreta Healthcare, our team members are our most important resource, and their passion for caring is critical to our success. When it comes to caring for people, every day is different, and opportunities with Arboreta are plentiful. We offer patients and their families four unique service lines, giving our team members the chance to care for people of all ages.
Our 34 facilities are located across several rural and suburban communities in Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, Florida, and Georgia.
Our mission is your mission. At Arboreta, we know that we are better together. We value our shared commitment to improving the lives of our patients and employees and recognize the character of outstanding team members.