Clerk records - #9804942
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Why should you join the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina family of companies? Other companies come and go, but for more than seven decades we have been part of the national landscape, with our roots firmly embedded in the South Carolina community. We are the largest insurance company in South Carolina … and much more. We are one of the nation’s leading administrators of government contracts. We operate one of the most sophisticated data processing centers in the Southeast. We also have a diverse family of subsidiary companies that allows us to build on a variety of business strengths. We deliver outstanding service to our customers. If you are committed to the same philosophy, consider joining our team!
Here is your opportunity to join a dynamic team at a diverse company with secure, community roots and an innovative future.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday and will be located in Nashville, TN.
What You'll Do
- Enter necessary data in order to match scanned records to the appropriate request.
- Prepare documents for imaging. Includes date stamping records/documents and ensuring appropriate scanning of paper documents into an electronic format.
- Participate in quality audits of electronic data.
- Work closely with the quality assurance area to identify and resolve issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicates appeals status
- Documents appeals resolution
- Processes appeals
- Supports second level reviews
- Works claims caseloads
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match.
- Fantastic health plans and free vision coverage.
- Life insurance.
- Paid annual leave — the longer you work here, the more you earn nine paid holidays.
- Onsite cafeterias and fitness centers in significant locations.
- Wellness programs and a healthy lifestyle premium discount.
- Tuition assistance.
- Service Recognition.
Management will conduct interviews with those candidates who qualify, with prioritization given to those candidates who demonstrate the preferred qualifications.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Some states have required notifications. Here's more information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail *************@bcbssc.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 47480 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.