RN, Operating Room - #9804944
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Nurse at Optum, you will be responsible for providing professional nursing care by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients under the supervision of a clinician. You will delegate tasks as needed to professionals and para-professional teammates. As a nurse, you will coordinate activities and work closely with clinicians and teammates to maintain efficient department functions and ensure the successful operation of the department. You will be responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
- Address the physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment
- Communicate with physician/surgeon and anesthesia personnel about patient condition
- Assist with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory
- Assess operating room for equipment readiness and function
- Obtain supplies for individual cases and ensure all appropriate needs of surgical team are met
- Monitor, Position and assist patient during procedures
- Document intra-operative care to be concise, accurate and timely
- Follow standard procedures for procedural/surgical interventions, adapting for surgeon and anesthesia preference
- Adapt to procedures to meet pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license through the State of California
- Basic Life Support (BLS)for healthcare providers through the America Heart Association
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)certification or ability to obtain at the time of hire
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS) certification or ability to obtain at the time of hire
- 1+ years of experience working as a Registered Nurse
- BSN degree
- 2+ years of experience working as a Registered Nurse
- 1+ years of experience as an OR circulating nurse
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting and/or specialty areas
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment