Project Manager - #9804984
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Washington DC. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project. In this position, the incumbent directs and supervises activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financial projections, and schedule requirements to ensure projects are completed in quality, profitable, adhering to our Safety/Zero Harm culture.
Creates and manages project’s budget and coordinates the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) development.
- Knows and understands the requirements of owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Develops and completes monthly Projected Final Cost Report (PFR) and Labor Cost Report (LCR) projections on time.
- Collaborates with Preconstruction to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the project’s budget.
- Takes ownership of process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to client.
- Manages the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, managing the subcontract, final execution process and the implementation of Zero Harm in Preconstruction.
- Develops plan, complies with, and reports on Minority Business Entity (MBE) requirements for the project, as required.
- Develops Mission Alignment Plan with the client and administers it.
- Collaborates with scheduling, superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule and monthly updates and progress reports.
- Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services). Partners with Loss Prevention Professionals assigned to the jobsite.
- Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules.
Project Administration, Operations, and Close-out
- Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, and close-out checklist. Reviews with project staff each quarter and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all understand performance standards and expectations.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control.
Promote Customer and Community Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
Foster Positive Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in and support operations training programs and commits to the development of project staff and of self.
Perform other related duties as needed
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of experience in project management
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience
- Experience with project manager software (Procore, P6, , etc.)
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s)
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office). Is proficient with US Army Corps of Engineers Resident Management System (RMS)
- Has completed the Construction Quality Management (CQM) Course and holds a valid CQM Certificate
- Current OSHA 30 certification
- The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
- The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.