RN Oncology, The Everett Clinic - #9805000
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under general responsibility, responsible for the nursing management of patients being infused with chemotherapy or biologic therapy agents, fluids and/or other medications. Provides direct patient care, consults with physicians and other nurses, sets clinical standards and is involved with education activities. Acts as liaison between patient/physician and other departments.
- Evaluates patient care needs. Suggests solutions to patient care problems & complaints
- Assesses patient/family learning needs and coordinates and carries out teaching plan
- Assessment and management of venous access devices including complications
- Performs a nursing assessment prior to each infusion and throughout procedure
- Follows procedures related to the verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy or other products
- Monitors patient during infusion, observing for untoward reactions
- Calculation of Body Surface Area for oncology patients
- Process prescription refills per protocol
- Telephone triage/consultation with patients
- Patient/Family education
- Drawing of labs for patient evaluation prior to chemotherapy/biotherapy administration
- Knowledge of all medications and potential side effects prior to infusion. Safely prepares infusion setups and administration processes
- Utilizes the principles of teamwork inside and outside of his/her department
- Orient patient and family to chemotherapy and infusion process
- Provide Psychosocial support to patient and family and refers to other resources within PRCP which may include consultation from behavioral health, social services, dietitians, financial counselors or pastoral care when patient’s situation indicates
- Utilizes effective communication strategies in inter-personal relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers
- Demonstrates effective/informative charting & written communication
- Communicates problems and concerns to department supervisor as necessary.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program (RN or BSN)
- Current Washington State licensure
- ONS Biotherapy & Chemotherapy Provider Card Oncology Nursing Certification. If not OCN upon hire, it will be an expectation of employment once eligible
- 1+ years of current clinical experience in Oncology setting
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $28.03 to $54.95 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.