Science Teacher, Elementary - Aspire Arts & Sciences Academy - #9805055
Aspire Public Schools
Fueling Curiosity, Sparking Innovation: Seeking a Dedicated Elementary Science Teacher to Inspire and Engage Young Explorers in the Wonders of Science!
Aspire Public Schools operates a network of high-performing, college preparatory charter schools serving TK-12 scholars in communities across California. Founded in 1998—in an effort to transform the inequitable racial, social, and gender outcomes that our communities persist through—Aspire is one of the largest and most forward-thinking open-enrollment public charter school systems in the nation.
Our purpose is to prepare our scholars for success in college, career, and life. At Aspire, we set a foundation for our scholars to gain knowledge, skills, and power to access and make choices for their families and post-secondary lives. Every day, our community of students, families, teachers and staff comes together to learn, work, and play in an environment grounded in our values of Bienestar (Well-Being), Culture of Belonging, Community Partnership, Agency & Self-Determination, and Joy.
Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at Aspire, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with California State Standards and Aspire Instructional Guidelines
- Assess students regularly and refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs
- Communicate regularly with students and families and involve families as partners in their child’s education
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs and improve instructional practices throughout the school
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
California teaching authorization in science-related subject area required
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
- Knowledge of subject matter, including State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
Aspire Public Schools is dedicated to our teammate's well-being! In addition to a competitive base salary that is benchmarked against local districts and charter schools, we offer employees exceptional benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program. Our salary schedule based on years of experience for this position type is reflected here:
Aspire Public Schools Teacher Salary Scale
Aspire Public Schools is mandating COVID-19 vaccination and testing. All job applicants must be prepared to show proof of vaccination and/or request and receive and exemption. All Aspire employees must also test for COVID-19 weekly in accordance with Aspire policy and legal requirements. Please note that compliance with the policy is a precondition of employment. Questions may be directed to [email protected].
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.