Automotive Store Manager - #9805062
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGER
As a Monro Automotive Store Manager, you will lead all aspects of everyday store and shop operations including the efficient, productive, and safe operation of our service bays. The Automotive Store Manager position is a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Management training program covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an automotive Manager for Monro, you will be an essential team member, responsible for building lasting relationships with our Guests. More importantly, you will be part of a team, working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your professional skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience.
- Ensure sales goals are achieved by assisting in the development and implementation of sales plans, thorough knowledge of Lube and Tire services and other products of the automotive industry
- Introduce tire and service products to guest in efforts to maximize sales and guest satisfaction and loyalty
- Support teammates in establishing and maintaining productive sales environment by training and developing teammates on all shop operations and guest services
- Ensures store is effectively staffed by managing the recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, discipline and development of employees.
- Ensures expense control through management of payroll dollars, telephone usage, store maintenance and repairs, supplies, utilities, and other controllable expenses.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- 4+ years of automotive experience and automotive technical school certificate/degree/ASE Certifications
- 4+ years of experience in Automotive Tire Sales and Service experience or Lube and Tire industry experience
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, business mentality and basic algebra skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages.
- Guest and team focused mindset
- Automotive State Inspector License
- ASE Automotive Certifications
- Proven sales experience in Automotive Complete Auto Care, Tire Sales and Service experience
- Supervisory experience in tire or automotive industry
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.