Mammography Technologist-Full-time Days, $5,000 Sign-On Bonus - #9805068
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Mammography Radiographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- We are extending a $5,000 sign-on bonus to full-time external Mammography Radiographers hired at Northwestern Memorial Hospital! This bonus is payable in one installment following the new employee's start date and has 12-month repayment terms associated.
- Performs general mammography imaging procedures to generate imaging information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of inpatients and/or outpatients.
- Evaluates the resultant images and takes corrective action if needed.
- Notifies physicians as required of changes in the condition of the patients or regarding unique imaging characteristics.
- Assist the radiologist in the performance of interventional procedures.
- Prepares sterile trays including procedure specific needs and other ancillary equipment.
- Completes and maintains the medical record consisting of film and associated paperwork.
- Provides patient education in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance his comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Performs imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to limit radiation exposure to patient, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs Quality Control testing as assigned in accordance with FDA/ACR recommendations.
- Notifies supervisor to close function when results are outside control limits.
- Mammography radiographers must be able to manage the patient safely and effectively during the mammography imaging procedure with the limitations of the patient's cognitive abilities, psycho-motor skills, emotional stability, and sensory capacities (sight, hearing, etc.).
- IDNS licensed and ARRT registered in radiography.
- Current AHA BLS Provider Certification
- Clinical and technical competency in mammography to meet MQSA requirements.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- ARRT registered in radiography mammography within 12 months of hire date.
- Hospital Based - Two Year Training Technology or Associate's Degree Program in Radiology Technology.
- Mammography 40 hours of advance training in an MQSA approved program- 250 supervised exams in Mammography.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 or more years experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.