Lifeguard - #9805127
MARRIOTT VACATION CLUB INTERNATIONAL
JOB TITLE: LIFEGUARD
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Supervision and control of all pools, pools and Resort areas, providing necessary help and first aid if necessary to guests and associates.
Cleaning, functioning and maintenance of pools, pools areas, machinery and other installation of the Resort, like Sauna and Steam Bath.
Supervision and control of water quality and chemicals in pools.
Reports to: Activities Administrator, Engineering Manager & General Manager
Interfaces: Activity Assistant, Activity Animator, Pool attendant and Engineering officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrive in proper uniform with name tag and conduct yourself professionally when on property and ensure that the daily assignments are completed as scheduled.
- Supervision and control of all pools, pools and Resort areas, providing necessary help and first aid if necessary to guests and associates.
- Cleaning, functioning and maintenance of pools, pools areas, machinery and other installation of the Resort, like Sauna and Steam Bath.
- Supervision and control of water quality and chemicals in pools.
- Administrate and order chemical products, first aid material, mineral water and plastic cups.
- To use outlined procedures when performing opening and closing duties; this includes basic accounting and computer skills. To enforce standards for the pool and facilities.
- Provide training and technical advice to other lifeguards as needed or requested.
- To be available for any emergencies and act as quickly and responsibly as possible to attend our guests and associates. Void risky and dangerous situation. To inform the management of any emergency.
- Assist in the planning, implementing, leading and evaluation in emergency cases, when required by Manager or supervisor.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well organised work place, which projects a professional atmosphere and which supports the general goals of the department and provides a desirable work place.
- Life Saving diploma required by Spanish law from Cruz Roja. (Water rescue and first aid).
- To be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the Spanish, English language; to be able to hear and understand spoken words from customers, associates, walky talkies and pagers of the Resort.
- Basic accounting and computer skills (ofimatic).
- Good physical and mental health.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands of this position require the exerting of up to ------- pounds of force occasionally to move objects both horizontally and by lifting.
- The ability to ascendant descend stairs at a rapid rate, lower the body to floor level and move about with agility, to stand for extended time, to detect attributes of objects such as size, shape, smell, temperature by visual, olfactory and tactile means necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position.
- Visual observation.
- Walking and working outside of air controlled areas.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of the department. Duties may include: Help to cover shift at the Beach House, help in preparing and cleaning up after activities, provide assistance to engineering dept. in pool-related matters, equipment rentals and check out, and any other duties assigned by manager and supervisor.
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Comply with MVCI and Marriott International polices and procedures.
- Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, meeting the needs of the team and the business at all times.
- Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all customers and associates. Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; accept interpersonal differences and maintain a constructive rapport with all associates and customers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Marriott product lines.
- Maintain computer systems knowledge (MS Office, E:Mail etc)
- Work with all MVCI colleagues as a team, supporting the needs within that team and those of the business at all times.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture