Computer User Technician Intermediate - #9805142
Na Oiwi Kane
Job Title: Computer User Technician Intermediate-3889
Job Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Intermediate PC Maintenance Technician (Computer User Support Specialist Intermediate) position and to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The main responsibilities will be to assess and troubleshoot computer support problems and apply understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve problems of users. The service desk representative aids users and organizations using computer software or equipment. Accurately diagnose problems and guide users through problem resolution. Set up, image or repair computer equipment and related devices. Train users to utilize new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email. Respond to phone, web, fax, and email requests for assistance using remote tools and automated trouble ticketing system. Make site visits to provide touch labor. The candidate will provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Skills / Experience Required
- Ensure all calls, emails, or walk-in issues received during duty hours are responded back to the user via phone call, email, or issue ticket within Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Provide troubleshooting and support using automated tools and diagnostics for various hardware and software platforms including Windows 7/10, iOS /Android, Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and 2013, McAfee HBSS and HIPS, Citrix VDI, SharePoint, and Microsoft Active Directory
- Installation of all new computers and the relocation of computers within locations as provided
- Install all computer hardware and software to ensure user is fully functional and operational without errors and preserving user’s data to be transferred to the new PC
- Update and maintain the current approved Microsoft Windows OS images and provide feedback, software, and configuration changes to the image team
Education / Certifications
- Associate degree or higher in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering degree or degree in Mathematics or Engineering
- 6 years’ experience needed
- CND or GICSP
- Minimum of 20 hours annually/required to maintain certificates
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!