Surveyor and Auditor - #9805151
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
DNV Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Surveyor and Auditor to join our DNV New Jersey area location.
As a fleet in service Surveyor you will be member of a highly qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving the maritime industry and various ship types (eg: tankers, bulk carriers, containers) calling at ports in the US East Coast. (ref to all ships)
This position is based in our DNV office in Newark, NJ with flexible work arrangement (home/office). Local candidates only.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Work on-site surveys during dry-docking and in service.
- Work on major vessel conversions, alterations or any technical matters involving all type of vessels.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation at all times.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner.
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization.
- Exhibit customer-oriented focus through promoting DNV onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
- Support Key Account Managers (KAM) as Technical Support Manager (TSM)
What we offer
What we Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
DNV is a proud equal-opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment Department ([email protected]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering or Master Mariner and/or equivalent maritime qualifications.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of Maritime industry experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Understanding of class & statutory surveyor work and responsibilities.
- Team player and also be able to work independently.
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job: Climbing pilot ladders & in/out of tanks, flying, crew boat launches, voyage surveys.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be eligible to obtain TWIC card to enter ports.
- Language: English Reading / Speaking / Writing proficiency
- Travel requirement up 25% of the year
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.