Business Unit Manager - #9805186
Business Unit Manager - Code Compliance
Are you experienced in third-party building inspection services within the Florida market?
Do you want to become a leader within a continuously expanding organisation within the space?
This is a rare opportunity to join a global leader within the construction & infrastructure safety, compliance, and inspection space. Due to continuous expansion within the third-party inspection areas of the Florida construction market, we are now looking for a capable leader within this field.
The Business Unit Manager reports to the Vice President of the Facilities Division - Central/East Region and will have responsibility for developing the business and managing the day-to-day operational performance for the Florida region. The improvement of operational processes, providing functional guidance to operational and business development managers in the Code Compliance Service Line will be a part of the daily responsibilities.
- Prepare annual business plan under the direction of management based upon annual goals and annual Commercial Action Plan (CAP).
- Develop KPI's for ongoing monitoring of performance and achievement of financial performance consistent with annual business plan.
- Identify and implement immediate and long-term strategies for growth, improved efficiency, and reduced costs.
- Validate 3-month and annual forecasts.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and developing personnel, including back-office.
- Review project level labour and expense costs, be able to identify projects where financial performance is below expectation, and develop recommendations working with Project Manager and Vice President to bring financial performance in-line. Monitor implementation activities identified.
- Provide consistent proposal costing and contract implementation.
- Implement and administer corporate financial, Human Resources, and Risk Management policies, procedures, and initiatives. Monitor adherence to I&F NA procedures and policies and advise of any areas where change is needed.
- Assist in the integration of newly acquired firms, specifically facilitating the smooth transition to operational practices.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
Current State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Licenses:
- Building Code Administrator
- Standard Plans Examiner - License Categories, Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing
- Standard Inspector - License Categories, Building, Electrical, 1&2 Family, Mechanical, Plumbing
The ideal candidate will have a proven success record managing the P & L for a private engineering group with an understanding of the municipal development process.
If this sounds like the kind of position that suits your skill set and you would like to learn more, please either apply through our website or get in touch with Jordan Roberts @ CSG Talent.