Project Manager - Mostly Remote - #9805193
Horizon Telcom, Inc.
Please note: This is a Mostly Remote Position based out of Columbus, Ohio which may require on-site visits in addition to remote work.
About the Role:
The Project Manager is a liaison between the client, sales, and internal operations. The Project Manager will be responsible for following the order from inception to installation. Project Managers are the single point of contact with the client regarding all data, internet, voice services along with complex product installations as assigned. Responsible for order quality, accurateness, and driving all forecasted revenue assigned.
Horizon has a long history in the telecommunications industry. From starting as the Home Telephone Company over 120-years ago to building a multi-state fiber-based network to server our customers’ current and future needs, Horizon prides itself on history, innovation and advanced technology.
When you join Horizon’s team, you’re not just receiving competitive pay, great benefits and generous vacation time, you’re tapping into our forward-looking commitment to technology and our decades-long tradition of excellence.
At Horizon, we practice servant leadership because our customers matter to us. Each person we interact with is treated as a true partner, and our customers experience our care regularly.
What we offer:
- Up to Four (4) weeks of paid vacation
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Potential for annual bonuses
- 401k company match plus additional company contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision (HRA and HSA options w/ company provided contributions)
- Life Insurance – up to 3.5x base salary, plus additional options to add family
- Annual wellness incentives – Earn up to $850 per year
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Opportunities for career growth
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the creation, coordination, and completion of projects. Plans, executes, monitors, controls, and oversees all aspects of projects.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project with team members and stakeholders.
- Reviews and audits orders from sales to ensure correct paperwork and accuracy. Manages the return to sales process until a clean order package has been established.
- Ensures all accountable parties meet agreed upon installation dates as required. Demonstrates the ability to set expectations for client, hold all parties accountable to the expectations, and address any inquiries that may arise throughout the install process.
- Tracks and reviews vendor, field technicians, and other third-party deliverables.
- Drives resolution of installation issues and jeopardies to ensure services are generating revenue as quickly as possible.
- Demonstrates proven problem-solving ability and holds Horizon accountable to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains excellent working relationships with co-workers, partners, and various levels of client department leadership.
- Conducts welcome calls with clients and partners. Communicates all status and activities throughout the process.
- Acts as the liaison between Horizon’s departments and client, serving as the client advocate and main point of contact.
- Uses project management tools to effectively manage project progress and adjust work as required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years experience working in order management, customer service or telecommunications
- Telecommunications product knowledge to include but not limited to; ethernet, wavelength and dark fiber services.
- The ability to perform duties independently or in a team environment, communicating effectively.
- Application Knowledge: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of Salesforce
Light work: Lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time. This position requires the ability to effectively see and hear the majority of the time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Horizon’s Department of Human Resources.
Learn more about Horizon by checking us out at the following:
Our Website: https://www.horizonconnects.com/about-us/