Cook (Fine Dining) $30/Hour (Fine Dining Experience Required) - #9805204
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will assist in the oversight of daily operations in the kitchen and work with the Executive Chef to ensure the high-quality food products and kitchen cleanliness.
- Prepare meals from standardized recipes in accordance with order in a timely and attractive manner.
- Set up food service line and workstations with needed condiments.
- Ensure all condiments and garnishes that are required are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
- Assist in coordinating prep for the following day’s menu.
- Participate in a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review detail of daily menu.
- Assist with training of new kitchen employees.
- Assist with scheduling of employees within the department.
- Assist with food ordering, monitoring inventory and creating the menu cycle.
- Keep stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean and ensure that food supply stocks are rotated and that all perishables are labeled, dated, and stored properly.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements.
- Keep food waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
- 3+ years of experience working in a commercial kitchen environment and/or a related certificate or degree from a college or technical school.
- Serv Safe or other required local, county or state certifications.
- You are organized and great at communicating with co-workers and residents.
- You take pride in the quality and presentation of food that you have helped to prepare.
- You have basic to advanced knowledge of cooking and preparation of meals.
- You have a thorough understanding of food service techniques and requirements.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.