Breast Center Assistant-Mammography, Full-time Days - #9805217
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Breast Center Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Work Schedule: This position is regularly scheduled to work full-time, 40 hours weekly, on the day shift with a rotation to Saturday coverage.
- Union (Hourly Wage) Compensation: $19.60/hourly (non-negotiable).
- Reviews and organizes paperwork, breast images (both on film and in PACS), and reports to facilitate the diagnostic process in the breast center.
- Prepares any additional paperwork for the radiologist for all patients processed throughout the day.
- Timely follow-up on missing items is essential to insure a complete exam and a positive patient experience.
- Receives and processes outside images submitted for a second opinion. This may include processing pathology submitted for the second opinion.
- Duties related include insuring completeness of information, calls to the patient or other facilities/physician offices, scheduling the second opinion review. Timeliness is of the essence with this process.
- Schedules patients for breast imaging, breast interventional or breast MRI encounters using the Cerner scheduling system.
- Uses Radnet, Cerner and PACS proficiently to enter appointments, retrieve reports and images.
- Encourages teamwork through inter and intradepartmental communication.
- Provides ongoing task support to the Breast Imaging Radiologists to promote efficient patient throughput.
- These tasks may include but are not limited to contacting physicians and patients by telephone; escorting patients to/from the reception area or the surgical clinic; mounting/dismounting film; obtaining previous exam reports; tracking problem cases, e.g. those missing key elements.
- High School Diploma.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills.
- CPR Certification (BLS).
- Previous experience in a healthcare delivery position.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.