Portfolio Program Analyst - #9805278
Na Oiwi Kane
Portfolio Program Analyst
Location: Arlington, VA
Rivet Operations Company, LLC has an opening for a Portfolio Program Analyst to join our rapidly growing team in the Arlington, VA area. The Portfolio Program Analyst is responsible for a team that will be performing various financial and administrative tasks for the Office of Naval Research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Assist Program Officers and other government personnel with internal work processes and procedural issues on various systems and software.
- Perform financial analysis for a variety of funds and funding sources to protect against federal anti-deficiency violations, internal procedural and accounting errors, and any other applicable problems associated with sources and usage of funds.
- Prepare and research various types of funding documents within Navy ERP; track commitments, obligations and expenditures of funding; and assist in resolving issues related to Navy ERP Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) funding that are not meeting financial benchmarks related to commitments, obligations, and/or expenditures across multiple contractors/performers.
- Monitor and assist in the management of project activities and resources to mitigate risk throughout the project life cycle.
- Assist in creating budgets and work with departments on financial execution to ensure programmatic benchmarks are met.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses of financial data, operations, and requirements to develop program improvements.
- Coordinate weekly and monthly meetings for department leadership, submit visit requests and ensure meetings are attended by internal and external stakeholders. Organize both in-person and virtual meetings. Take and maintain minutes as requested.
- Study a variety of administrative or management functions in an effort to provide feedback on how to increase productivity and effectiveness.
- Manage department travel including using DTS and the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR). Maintain travel budgets to ensure no overages. Work with ONR Travel office as needed to resolve travel issues.
- Maintain content of ONR’s SharePoint Site and public website (programming experience NOT required).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 6 years of experience with Government financial and budget cycles and/or administrative and business support or a High School degree with a minimum of 9 years of experience with Government financial and budget cycles and/or administrative and business support.
- Experience with Government financial systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals in professionally polite environment.
- Experience in tracking availability and use of funds and review financial documents and plans for impact on program objectives and requirements. This may include, but is not limited to, program specific financial issues related to deficiencies, excesses, trends and imbalances that directly impact execution benchmarks.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience responding to Data Calls which includes, but is not limited to requests for information from multiple sources concerning technical, programmatic, and financial aspects of programs.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Excel is required.
- Experience in Earned Value Management (EVM) and/or other cost analysis.
- Familiarity with Technology Readiness Level (TRL), Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL), Integrated Readiness.
- Level (IRL) and/or acquisition experience.
- Familiarity with Basic and Applied Research (BAR) programs including OSD University Research Initiatives (URI).
- programsPrior experience with Navy ERP or similar DOD accounting software.
- Possess experience with government planning, forecasting, program budgeting, funding, and execution monitoring, and reporting against commitment, obligation, and expenditure benchmarks.
- Position requires applicant to be a US Citizen and obtain the required security clearance for the position.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: Rivet Operations Company LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Rivet Operations Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!