RS Aircraft Component Repair Technician I (Avionics/Battery Shop) - #9805367
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
RS Aircraft Component Repair Technician I (Avionics/Battery Shop) in GAC Savannah
Avionics/Electrical backshop experiance preferred. Entry level postion for repair and overhaul avionics lab.
High School Diploma or GED required. Must possess basic understanding of shop math. Sheetmetal (production and/or fabrication) and/or hydraulic overhaul experience preferred.. Basic knowledge and experience with electrical theory and wiring preferred..
Under close supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Gulfstream Repair Station requirements
Education and Experience Requirements
Job DescriptionPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Develop and apply basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, On The Job Training (OJT), and other authorized maintenance data. All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required. documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required. maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Maintain and utilize all required. paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including test equipment and peripherals.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts. .
- Remove and install APUs and perform all required. APU maintenance for all Gulfstream aircraft models. Read and understand Gulfstream and Honeywell Maintenance Manuals regarding APU maintenance and repair. .
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means. .
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires. .
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings. .
Requisition Number: 217640
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/12/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft