Field Supervisor - #9805368
Veolia Environnement SA
About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia Group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has approximately 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Responsible for overseeing the field operations activities and coordinating the day-to-day job activities of the team. This position provides transportation and disposal services to our clients. Responsibilities include manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading & coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations. Provides training and guidance to others. Assists in preparing projects estimates
- Leads teams in the packing, labeling, manifesting and shipping hazardous waste from the customer(s) site to appropriate disposal centers.
- Comply and enforce all compliance, health and safety, and procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Recognize and act on opportunities to increase value added services to customers. Maintain professional & courteous communications with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of disposal site capabilities and limitations prior to shipping waste materials in ensure efficient disbursement and storage.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all DOT/EPA and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paperwork to expedite the disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Complete all mandatory training courses as required by OSHA as well as update refresher courses instituted by the company.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a professional manner to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness to complete project(s) in a timely manner.
- Assists in the training of lower level field personnel
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required
- 2 to 4 years of hazardous waste experience required
- Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge and understanding of contract terms and possess the ability to follow through to completion.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
Required Certification / Licenses / Training:
- Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Training
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.