Kurdish Linguist Translation Interpretation TRAVEL ONLY - #9805379
CACI has upcoming opportunities for cleared Kurdish language professionals to join our prime contract supporting government operations in Fairfax, VA. This is a TRAVEL ONLY ROLE.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will enable you to utilize both your linguistic and analytical skills for mission-driven roles. You will translate and/or transcribe intermediate to advanced-level printed materials, including but not limited to: technical manuals, foreign language periodicals, and audio files into correct grammatical American English. You will work either lead or be part of a team of linguists supporting CONUS and/or OCONUS operations.
More About the Role:
You will provide both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation as well as transcribe and/or translate source material, both printed and audio. You will provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material and provide quality control of junior linguists. You will be expected to prepare and update databases of translated source material, scan intercepted data and determine if pertinent or non-pertinent to mission requirements.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to pass an advanced English test
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with adjudicated Polygraph
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to score ILR Level 3 or higher on target language translation test
- Minimum three (3) years’ professional experience conducting translation, transcription, translation, and/or interpretation
- In-depth knowledge of the geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural components of target language geographical areas
- Master use of MS Office and internet research
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Previous military experience
- Has good understanding of one or more regional dialects
- Consecutive and/or simultaneous interpretation abilities
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
Pay Range: There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, geographic location, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. At CACI, you will receive comprehensive benefits such as; healthcare, wellness, financial, retirement, family support, continuing education, and time off benefits. Learn more here
The proposed salary range for this position is:$78,700 - $165,300