Master Scheduler - #9805380
Plan, schedule and coordinate raw material, production, and/or finished goods schedules to ensure 100% on-time customer deliveries while optimizing manufacturing efficiency and inventory turns. Act as backup to materials manager as needed.
Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesMaintain contact with customer Materials Manager/Scheduler to ensure expectations are met and positive relations are maintained
- Review customer releases and shipping schedules to establish production priorities and produce/update manufacturing schedules on a daily basis.
- Generate MRP runs and production schedules to optimize manufacturing efficiency and raw material ordering.
- Coordinate production requirements with Operations Managers and Supervisors to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Monitor supplier shipments and deliveries. Effective communication and escalation of material issues within the organization
- Monitor inventory records and ensure all system data is timely and accurate.
- Manage all customer release and inventory systems such as CUM ship quantities and electronic communications, example Ford DDL systems or GM equivalent.
- Oversee and prepare various management reports on daily operations and month-end statements according to company policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze inventory at stock locations to ensure that the proper inventory levels are being maintained and adjust levels to changes in customer demand.
- Coordinate with shipping/receiving to ensure an adequate amount of dunnage and containers are available to support the manufacturing activities of Dana and our suppliers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Business/Engineering preferred.
Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
MRP experience required (SAP experience is preferred).
Must be able to work effectively with others.
Must have effective communication and analytical skills.
Preferred five years’ experience in production/inventory control in manufacturing environment.
Availability on off-shifts and some weekends when necessary.
- Working knowledge of MRP and Microsoft Office software systems, specifically working SAP knowledge.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships and excellent written and oral communications.
- Basic mathematical skills, including Algebra concepts, to perform job duties, maintain composure under various levels of pressures, stress, and fast paced activities.