Sr Manager, Software Engineering (Access Technologies) - #9805382
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
In a world where remote work is the new norm, organizations’ perimeters are much more loosely defined and cloud-native apps replace data centers rapidly, a new approach is needed to provide connectivity, compliance and security for all.
Prisma Access (formally GlobalProtect Cloud Service) provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need - and delivers it everywhere you need it. Using cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next-generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to help build next-generation technologies within our Prisma Access team. We are looking for leaders who take ownership and who are driven to solve problems at every level. You will be able to leverage your experience and mindset to help us create innovative solutions to address the nexus of access, security, and experience needs. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the org and build cross functional relationships towards achieving a common goal.
- Manage an engineering team that designs, architects, implements and maintains next-generation secure access technologies end-to-end
- Work closely with the Product management, Development, Quality Assurance, SRE and Customer support teams on delivering the roadmap and improving customer outcomes
- Contribute to the design, architecture, development, integration and delivery of cutting edge distributed cloud services at scale
- Drive a results-oriented culture with strong focus on execution, quality and speed
- Balance resources and projects according to critical business needs that will allow the team to further scale in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to hire, mentor, coach and retain a world-class and diverse team that will push the boundaries of innovation
- Recognize process and product gaps and drive changes to achieve better outcomes
- Develop a strong culture of customer focus, diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem-solving and openness
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams building and delivering services and workflows, leveraging microservices architectures deployed on the cloud at scale
- Strong leadership skills, customer focus, ownership urgency, drive and ability to make trade-off judgements with data driven decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to concisely communicate complex subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of principles of Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to persuade and influence others, collaborate with technical and cross-functional teams who may not report to you to get things done
- Comfort with ambiguity and making decisions with imperfect information
- 8+ years of experience in highly technical roles building complex software systems, driving and delivering projects cross-functionally
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent military experience required
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects — centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world. We also strive to be the most people-centric company ever! That means we’re constantly working to make your experience amazing, and you are part of the team breaking boundaries of what the workplace can be!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $180,200/yr to $291,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: Yes