Plant Associate Sharps - #9805407
***Starting pay: $20.85/hr + OT***
Stericycle is a U.S. based business-to-business services company and leading provider of compliance-based solutions that protects people and brands, promotes health and well-being, and safeguards the environment. Since our founding over 30 years ago, we have grown from a small start-up in medical waste management into a leader across a range of increasingly complex and highly regulated arenas, serving healthcare organizations and commercial businesses of every size. Every day, we help our customers solve complex challenges by safely managing materials that could otherwise spread disease, contaminate the environment, or compromise one’s identity.
Join us on our mission to protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Plant Associate Sharps will ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
Key Job Activities:
- Perform Quality Control Duties to ensure process compliance
- Ensure Load Plans are Accurate and Complete
- Maintain and Complete daily documents required
- Track sharps shipping manifests for completion
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles
- Stage waste containers for scanning in the Bio Track system
- Scan waste into the Bio Track system for proper recordkeeping
- Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and ensures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area
- Ensures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 0 – 1 Years of Experience, preferably in a plant work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and understand and follow health and safety directives and performance and conduct standards, policies and procedures that apply to the role and location
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.