Bilingual (English / Spanish) Customer Service Representative - National Remote - #9805412
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers.
At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities.
Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting.
Join our mission
- driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed.
AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology
- enabled behavioral health care.
We believe that everyone deserves access to high
- quality care and offer a suite of technology
- enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health.
A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes
- focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
We take pride in putting people first above all, including our own team members. We provide our team, and their families, with a wealthy benefits package to care for their physical, financial, and professional health, equipped with medical, dental, and vision benefits, generously - funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), no - cost mental health support, gym membership reimbursement, 401K matching, and plenty more. Our “One Team” approach to fostering our culture has built an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency (with a little bit of fun!).
We empower people of all backgrounds to excel at AbleTo. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), are just a part of our Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity initiatives. Our unique approach to career development is simply that: unique to you.
No two people are alike, and neither should be their growth plan, which is why we work with each employee to design an individual development path.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST OR 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time, regardless of candidate location). Specific shift will be assigned during training.
We offer 2 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST from Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Support provider network, participants, healthcare member services and other departments (e.g., Engagement Center, Clinical, etc.) with application support, user and other system support
- Assist participants and providers with treatment scheduling, rescheduling, cancellations, and reassignments
- Data entry for demographic information for participants, providers and healthcare member services
- Basic system support and general program questions for participants, providers and healthcare member services
- Scheduling treatment sessions
- Utilize phone, scheduling and CRM tools to manage consumer / provider data
- Leverage established job aids to support, connect, and educate participants and providers
- Apply best practices in responding to health plan participant questions or concerns, and ensure high quality follow - up in responding to member inquiries
- Accountable for meeting key performance indicators (KPIs)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a call center setting
- 1+ years of experience with using Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience with using multiple computer systems and learning new systems as needed
- 1+ years of experience with working across various functional areas to resolve issues
- 1+ years of experience with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST OR 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time, regardless of candidate location) Monday - Friday. Specific shift will be assigned during training.
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Previous healthcare customer service experience
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Hawaii / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes.
We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.