Patient Care Coordinator - #9805417
Optum is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, Cumberland, Ocean, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Endocrinology, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Optum is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. We believe in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Optum is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to join our growing team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.
Optum Pediatrics has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Patient Care Coordinator to join our team. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service, and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical, and service goals.
Hours: Monday through Friday a 40-hour work week between the hours of 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. Rotating Saturdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Schedule to be determined by manager upon hire.
Location: 228 FRANKLIN AVENUE, First Floor, Nutley, NJ 07110
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- Obtain patient signatures for required documents
- Upload a valid Government issued state ID of patient and patient insurance cards
- Accurate and complete occupational medicine registration workflow
- File and maintain medical records
- Consistently correct registration work queue errors
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Working daily in the claims edit work queue to correct registration errors for submission to insurance companies
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified via Sparq regarding Optum Employee Policies
- Work cohesively with fellow employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
- Comfortable working in high pace environment
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the Plan of Care
- Assure the continuity of care through scheduling and tracking systems
- Provide effective communication to patient / family team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by documentation, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations
- Notify clinical staff of schedule changes as they occur
- Comply with administrative policies to ensure quality of care
- Demonstrate precision and efficiency in scanning documents and monitoring the fax server, retrieving and / or scanning documents and assigning to the appropriate electronic chart
- Participate in orientation (scheduling segment) of new field employees and distribute updates and changes as needed
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Organize and maintains medical records
- All employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Complete new clinical competencies rolled out by the Educational Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of healthcare or customer service-related experience
- Intermediate computer proficiency including the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and multiple web applications
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel 10% of the time for coverage at other clinics when needed
- Experience working in a medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of Epic EMR software
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work independently and maintain good judgment and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work well with health care providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet all deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret information from others
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $16.54 to $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.