Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Oncology - #9805430
HCA Healthcare Inc
DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $38.34 - $57.56 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Oncology today with MountainView Hospital.Benefits
MountainView Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Oncology. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
5 South Oncology; Inpatient unit. 32 private beds. Our ratios vary depending on patient population. Regular Med-Surg patients are 1:5-6. Oncology patients not receiving treatment 1:5, Hem/Onc (AML, ALL and such) 1:3-4. Patients receiving chemo 1:3, BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) patients depending on the condition and where in transplant process they are 1:1-3. There is also a PCT on the unit assigned to those patients. Nurses are cross trained to BMT. Our program is part of GlobalCenter Institute, Sarah Cannon, that conducts over 1200 transplants per year across 8 locations. Our unit and clinic cares exclusively for Blood Cancer and Bone Marrow Transplant patients and has conducted over a dozen transplants since our inception last summer. We are growing at rapid pace! This is an incredible opportunity for you to be a part of a program that provides this treatment to patients local to Las Vegas/Nevada -- so these patients no longer need to travel outside of the state to receive treatment!
Shift: Full Time Nights; 7am-7pma, 36 hours per week
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy, or ONS Chemotherapy Provider, or ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Provider, or ONS Chemo / Biotherapy Fundamentals Provider must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Oncology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.