Sr Mgr, Technical Program Management - #9805432
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Our Information Security team is looking for an experienced technical program management leader who can lead our technical program managers for the execution of information Security (InfoSec) strategic objectives and initiatives. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
- Lead a talented and diverse group of Technical Program Managers - This team will have scope that is globally distributed and responsible specifically for the execution of critical information security strategic initiatives, services and programs
- Provide program management leadership for enterprise deployment of Information Security and Product Security programs and projects
- Lead the TPM team for planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives across palo Alto Networks
- Manage and maintain team’s backlogs and drive effective prioritization across the TPM team and larger InfoSec team
- Be the expert on release life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high quality standards with your delivery team
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to identify & manage program/project dependencies & come up with an execution plan
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful status reporting to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning
- Understand the systems in their program space, the limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind architectural decisions
- 10+ years of industry experience, 7+ years of experience successfully leading technical programs in a fast paced, multifaceted, enterprise environment
- Consistent track record of continuous improvement to enable higher performing program/organizations and/or teams with improved business and customer outcomes
- Strong technical acumen and ability to actively participate with software developers / engineers and contribute to technical design discussions, software development preferably in the Security Domain
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in general Software Development is preferred
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
- Experienced in driving large cross-functional technical programs and projects
- Excellent communication, organization, and influence skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and drive issues to resolution and escalate when necessary
- Understands and thrives in a dynamic environment - remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- An expert in communicating and collaborating with cross-functional team members to achieve goals; contributes positively to the team and organization
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Proficient with applications, tools, and methodologies used to organize, manage, report progress, and deliver programs and projects
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision- Ability to learn quickly and just in time
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc. or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $171,400/yr to $277,300/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.