Shop Supervisor - Weld Bay - #9805478
Whether it is concepting new ideas or improving an existing product to enhance productivity – Ceres is ready to help bring ideas to life. We provide concept generation, detailed design, prototyping, testing, refinement, as well as manufacturing specialized machinery and purpose-built attachments. Our team of Mechanical, Industrial and Electrical Engineers has over 100 years of combined experience, and they, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, complete our team of experts in analyzing concept generation, designing, and specifying components for complex systems and then bring them to life through our manufacturing capabilities.
Ceres is looking for a Shop Supervisor- Weld Bay. This job is responsible for the successful operation of the shop, supervising machine shop personnel, planning, scheduling, training and monitoring their work to minimize machining costs, maximize products quality and productivity, and ensure safe work practices.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes and monitors work in progress to ensure timely closing of all work orders. Develops work schedules and delegates work assignments to meet production requirements. Oversees set ups and operations to maximize departmental quality and productivity, ensures schedules and material requirements are met.
- Supervises employees within department including but not limited to coaching, motivating and directing staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives and budget.
- Supervises employees and performs work involved welding bay. Coordinates with designers and engineers in designing and constructing custom welds. Participates in estimation process including welding times and quoting.
- Analyzes and diagnoses machining and fixture problems, machine malfunctions, etc. to coordinate corrective and preventive procedures and to prevent excessive downtime and interrupted schedules. Coordinates equipment repair and maintains thorough documentation on all maintenance performed on machine shop equipment. Schedules and performs maintenance on equipment.
- Prioritizes departmental goals to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout departments’ operations.
- Recommends and implements measure to improve production methods, equipment performance, production floor layout, yields, and quality of product.
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- MIG/TIG Welding experience or knowledge of welding prefered.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
Ceres specializes in equipment and attachments that require a high degree of mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical functionality. Our team of engineers, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, have over 100 years of combined experience in:
- Concept Generation
- Specifying complex systems
- Manufacturing capabilities
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. Ceres shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
The job duties listed in this job posting do not constitute a complete and exclusive list. Ceres further reserves the right to modify job duties, at any time and in its sole discretion, to meet the needs of the Company.