HEAD CASHIER - #9805489
Fresh Thyme Market
If you’re someone who has a genuine desire to help people live better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally, intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we’d like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
Paid parental leave
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Career growth opportunities
The Coordinator team member is responsible for the efficient expedition of customer sales transactions at the front registers. Must maintain proper control of cash, ensure customer satisfaction, and safeguard company assets. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures customers receive outstanding service through the checkout lanes
- Greets customers entering store and responds promptly to customer needs.
- Assists in overseeing the accurate and efficient operation of all cash registers.
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, gift cards, or automatic debits.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, enter PLU or UPC manually, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchases, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas and makes sure no personal items are in the area.
- Assures completion of all Point of Sale (POS) transactions and the proper control of all cash at the registers.
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service
- Reviews Customer Survey and customer feedback from previous day or week
- Prepares, packages, stocks store and display merchandise appropriately
- Price change compliance
- Food safety compliance
- Ordering of manual ordered items
- Stock, rotate, and merchandise facing products according to department procedure
- Ensure all inferior out of code products are not sold and removes from display
- Ensures all products are accurately priced and sales prices are maintained and up to date
- Provides consultation to customers when needed regarding consumer products
- Execute ad set compliance including signage
- Meet or exceed sales floor condition expectation in respective department
- Promotes a safe work environment
- Reliable and consistent attendance required
- Proper usage of production planner and fresh dashboard
- Other daily tasks as required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent required
- 2-3 years of related retail experience
- One year of management experience
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and by addressing root cause issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions
- Demonstrated ability to consult with customers on all areas pertaining to their department
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including team members in hourly positions.
- Successful completion of all required certifications
- Serv Safe Certification
Job Function Analysis
- Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
- Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
- Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
- Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
- Balance Frequently 34–66%
- Bend Occasionally 1–33%
- Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
- Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
- Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
- Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
- Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
- Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
- 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
- 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.