Research Assistant (Cell Biology) - #9805498
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Research Assistant (cell biology) position will be within the Proteostasis team, which is part of the larger Neurodegeneration division. Our team uses cell culture systems to understand neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and ALS and search for drugs to treat these diseases. We are looking for someone to manage the day-to-day running of the cell culture and in vitro laboratories, supporting 7-10 scientists, providing technical assistance as well as running some routine assays.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to
- Ensure the organisation of common laboratory area.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance.
- Co-ordinate of laboratory supplies (reagents/consumables)
- Prepare solutions and cell culture media.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Hands on laboratory work performing routine cell and biochemistry assays
- With supervision, processing the data generated in these assays and reporting the findings.
- The opportunity exists for training in culturing more complex cells such as iPSC derived lines or primary neuronal cultures and for the candidate to support scientists carrying out these activities in the lab.
- Candidates should have a B.S. or M.S degree in biological sciences (Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or similar field) with at least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated experience of mammalian cell culture techniques and working with aseptic technique, experience with primary culture is a plus.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of biology lab safety requirements.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
Our culture is one of open communication, respect, integrity and collaboration; we look for these traits and values in every individual. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities we work in. We actively promote inclusivity and diversity and believe that wide-ranging experiences and backgrounds help to drive business performance and success. Our policy sets out our commitment to providing diversity and equality to all in employment, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status and social class.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8-hour shift. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, MA are encouraged to apply. Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options.
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.