Experienced Welder - #9805511
Ingram Barge Company
Ingram Barge is seeking an experienced Welder for our team at Capital Fleet in Port Allen, LA.
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Ingram’s fleet of barges. We operate in an environment where flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks, and responsibilities keep things interesting!
What you will be doing:
- Welding/Cutting/Fitting of barge repairs
- Topside repairs
- Replacing rigging wires & equipment
- Inspecting and pumping barges
- Performing barge readiness checks
- Routine dock clean-up & housekeeping
- Other duties as requested
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrating the Ingram Way
- Upholding Ingram’s high safety standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrating critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Demonstrating teamwork and acceptance of diversity
- Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization
- At least (2) years of barge repair experience – welding certification a plus
- Experience with tank barges is a plus
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Display excellent communication skills
- Pass a welding /fitting competency test
- Can walk and lift for extended periods
- Can carry more than fifty pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to read and write the English language to comply with USCG regulatory requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are requesting reasonable accommodation or disability assistance in submitting your application, you may email us at [email protected]
Ingram Marine Group and its affiliates (“Company”) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify