Manufacturing Manager - #9805514
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
Polymers & Fluids segment is composed of highly branded products serving diverse markets that require value-added, differentiated solutions. These product offerings include adhesives, sealants, coatings, lubricants, additives, and cleaners for Transportation, Electronics, automotive aftermarket, MRO, Industrial Cleaning and Lubrication, New Energy, and Marine industry customers with unique needs. ITW differentiates through leading brand positions, technology, and innovation, and strong focus on specific niche opportunities.
ITW'S BUSINESS MODEL & CULTURE:
- We have an environment shaped by our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture that brings our exciting ideas to life. Our people thrive in our “flexibility within the framework” approach.
- We are committed to providing you with growth and development opportunities that maximize your unique potential.
- Our culture empowers you to think and act like a business owner – we want your entrepreneurial spirit to thrive!
- Be a part of One ITW/One Team, where everyone’s contribution matters in our quest to achieve our full potential.
- We live by our Core Values:
- We focus on the essential core of each business opportunity, fostering simplicity in how we think and execute.
- We gain strength through trial and error and work as a team through jointly sharing risk.
- We treat our customers and suppliers with integrity and transparency, and constantly strive to do the right thing.
- We deeply respect diversity at every level of the company and consequently promote an open environment where innovations can emerge from our various backgrounds and experiences.
- We trust our team members and are confident that they each work to the highest professional standards and in the company’s best interests.
At ITW Performance Polymers, our Production team is a pivotal part of helping us to deliver best-in-class products for our customers. As a Manufacturing Manager, you will get to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, leveraging your entrepreneurial spirit, manufacturing experience, passion for people-management, and knack for process improvement, to create outstanding production outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and grow your career by helping us to achieve new heights with our “A Products.”
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS JOB IF YOU...:
- Are an entrepreneur – you enjoy taking ownership of your surroundings and constantly seek to find ways to improve.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that keeps you on your toes – you love a good challenge and stay calm under pressure.
- Are active and interactive. You like to be involved in the day-to-day and are great at building rapport with your team.
- Have a passion for process improvement and making your team more efficient and effective. You enjoy finding solutions to complex challenges and do so with poise and resolve.
- Manages, coordinates, and directs the activities of a manufacturing department within Performance Polymers to maximize productivity while ensuring safety and quality and minimizing cost.
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Provide clear leadership for production employees assigning roles, tasks, and accountability.
- Generate Operations related plans/reports/schedules to track and achieve OTIF goals & objectives.
- Develop, communicate, and report the status of operating metrics intended to track the efficiency and effectiveness of associated functions.
- Generate and manage operating budgets that comply with targeted earnings objectives.
- Introduce manufacturing best practices to improve efficiency, productivity, and communication to all production personnel.
- Ensure company objectives of safety, equipment utilization, performance to schedule, quality specifications, scrap levels.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and operated safely and correctly, minimizing down time and job-related injury.
- Achieve the highest level of inventory accuracy by coordinating with accounting, performing cycle count procedures, adopting fixed locations for materials/equipment, and utilizing visual inventory systems.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement initiatives by leveraging the ITW Toolbox techniques.
- Cooperate with R&D, QA, Sales, and Finance functions to bring new projects to the execution phase and ensures effective post execution assessment to ensure that cost and quality targets are attained.
- Oversee employee training plans for each individual and meets monthly to review progress, removes roadblocks to ensure continued growth and development.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's of Science degree or equivalent work experience & 3-5 years of leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and continuous improvement skills.
- Understanding of purpose and function of plant process equipment
as well as basic chemistry and formulaic theory.
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to multi-task while keeping operational objectives as primary motivational factor.
- ISO Standards knowledge.
- HAZWOPER preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish speaking skills).
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.