Software Quality Assurance Engineer - #9805531
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Instron, you will play a critical role in ensuring the reliability and performance of our software applications, with a specific emphasis on the integration and functionality of hardware components. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement quality assurance processes, ensuring the delivery of top-tier products to our customers.
This position works heavily with hardware components and is an in office position with work from home flexibility. This job description highlights the main areas of work and is not an exhaustive list of the all the duties and responsibilities of this position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Integration Testing:
- Collaborate with firmware and software development teams to design and execute comprehensive testing strategies for software applications with integrated hardware components.
- Conduct thorough testing to ensure seamless interactions between software and hardware elements.
- Test Planning and Execution:
- Develop detailed test plans based on project requirements and use cases.
- Execute test cases, report defects, and work closely with developers to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Performance Testing:
- Conduct performance testing on software applications to assess their responsiveness and stability under varying hardware conditions.
- Analyze and report performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with firmware and software development teams to understand product requirements and specifications.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure a shared understanding of quality assurance processes.
- Participate in test case, test plan, design, and code reviews within the software quality, development, and firmware teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working with Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Familiarity with hardware components, interfaces, and integration testing
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Experience with automation testing frameworks and tools
We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a specific focus on hardware and software integration to join our dynamic team in Norwood, Massachusetts. If you are passionate about ensuring software and hardware excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.