Environmental Monitoring Microbiologist - 2nd Shift - #9805541
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Performs environmental monitoring of process areas.
- Performs high purity water, clean steam, and compressed gas systems sampling.
- Maintains laboratory supplies, media, and reagents inventory
- Performs lab support functions and inventory management
- Cleaning of controlled temperature units, operation of the autoclave and other basic lab support responsibilities.
- Participates in the overtime, weekend, and holiday schedule as required.
- Participates in on-call scheduling as required
- Assists in coordinating equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Participates in training of other employees.
- Uses Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample and sample test result tracking.
- May perform acceptance testing of commercially prepared microbiological culture media.
- Maintaining laboratory supplies, media, and reagents inventory
- A strong work ethic and ability to meet physical demands including, but not limited to, routinely lifting objects of 25 lbs. or more, walking and standing for extended periods of time, pushing or pulling carts and equipment and bending down or reaching for supplies.
- Associates Degree in Life Sciences or equivalent relevant experience
- Relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Environmental Monitoring experience preferred
- Microbial identification procedure knowledge
- Knowledge cGMP is a plus
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Experience with LIMS preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, 2nd shift role. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Rensselaer, NY are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Base compensation is $19-$24 per hour based on experience.
- 2nd and 3rd shift positions will add a 10% and 15% differential to the base pay.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.